Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Bet you didn't know Five Finger Death Punch pwns. :]

Favorite lyrics from songs by Five Finger Death Punch.


I want you to know, I want you to see
I want you to look beyond your own eyes
Past your afflictions
I want you to hurt, want you to bleed
I want you to look beyond your own face
Past your infections.


It's because of you I'm broken
It's because of you I'm dead inside
I never asked to be here
It's because of you I'm godforsaken
I never wanted this
It's because of you I'm dead inside


To the haters, the takers, the liars, all the vultures and the bottom feeding scum
The FCC, the FBI and every tin god with a badge and a gun
You talk and talk, you preach and bitch but your words don't mean a thing
You get what you give, you give what you get
Just the way it's always been


I choose death before dishonor
I'd rather die than live down on my knees
Bury me like a soldier, with my dignity!


You imitate the ostracized, put your head beneath the sand
Your cup it runneth over, must be rough to live so grand
You reap what you sew, you pay what you owe unless you bathe yourself in greed
You rob and you take, your world is fake
There's no honor amongst the thieves


It's days like this I wish that I, wish that I had stayed asleep
It's times like these that make it so difficult to be
The light at the end, the crack in the sky
there's no promise for release
No way for me to get away
And all I'm trying to do is breathe

It's not that complicated and you ain't gotta believe
They'll put me down in a hole before I let you succeed
I've never been complacent, I can't afford to be
I know you think you're special but you ain't nothin'


You monkey see, you monkey do
You're always doing what they tell you to
You're such a puppet on string
You don't get it!


I won't bow to something that I've never seen
I can't believe in something that doesn't believe in me
I'm not blood of your blood, I'm no son of your god
I've no faith in your fate
Still I find salvation


It's stranger than fiction
How you've decayed
It must be so lonely
Lost within your ways

You're born alone, you die alone
The rest is your's to fill the gap
The world goes on without you here
Adjust or just collapse

Is this what you wanted to be
Alone standing by yourself
Is this all you wanted to be
Or was that a cry for help
By yourself, by yourself, by yourself

It’s not enough
It’s not enough
It never was or will be
I never had the chance to thank you
FOR RIPPING OUT MY HEART

You’ve got a gun
I’ve got a gun
Let’s write a tragic ending

No comments:

Post a Comment